Thursday, 16 February 2017

Book Review: Riveted [Saints of Denver #3] by Jay Crownover


Title: Riveted
Author: Jay Crownover
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter|Instagram
Genre: Romance, Contemporary
Series: Saints of Denver #3
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: HarperFiction
Publication Date: 9th February 2017
Rating: 5 stars

Tell Me About It
The next book in the smoking hot SAINTS OF DENVER series from NYT bestselling author of the MARKED MEN series, Jay Crownover.

Everyone else in Dixie Carmichael’s life has made falling in love look easy, and now she’s ready for her own chance at happy ever after. Which means no more pining for Dash Churchill, the moody, silent former soldier who she works with. She’s going hunting for Mr Right and a pesky little crush isn’t going to stop her…

Denver has always been just a pit stop for Church on his way home. It was supposed to be simple, uneventful, but nothing could have prepared him for the bubbly, bouncy Dixie, determined to break down his walls. Now he knows it’s time to get out of Denver, fast.

But while falling in love is easy, loving takes a whole lot more work… especially when Mr Right thinks he’s all wrong for you.
My Thoughts
I am a big fan of the Saints of Denver series, and as soon as I saw Riveted on NetGalley I had my request in. When I got the approved email I had to contain my happy dance, my only problem now is to tell you how much I loved Riveted, without spoiling anything for you.

Riveted is the story of Church and Dixie, two characters that we have seen plenty of, not only in the previous books in this series, but also in the Marked Men series. Not only do we get FINALLY get to hear thier story, but we also see a few familiar faces and charm, especially from Asa.
Ahh … I see. You have no interest in the fact she might be out there with a serial killer that wants to turn her pretty hair into a coat for his pet hamster?
Dixie has grown up with an ideal in her head of what true love is, and also know who she wants in her life but isn't sure on how to get him. Determined to find her true love Dixie goes on several, which end in failure. Church has his own feelings and demons to contend with. but he is also determined to fight them. But when someone close to him is hurt Church has to face his fears and return home, but his half truths means he needs to take Dixie with him.

Riveted was a book I could not wait to dive into, but was also one I took my time with, I needed to make this book last. From the moment I began reading I was hooked, I love Dixie as a character, she was someone who I immediately liked, but Church did take a bit more work for me, I struggle with the silent types, I need to 'hear' them. Although Riveted starts off on Denver, we are quickly whisked away with Dixie, out of the safety and security of Denver, to Mississippi, somewhere that Church used to call home.

I'll admit that I didn't expect the book to be away from Denver for so long, I expected the usual familiar faces to be around more, offering advice and butting in, and I was very surprised to see how much I enjoyed being away from that safety. Having the story set in a whole new environment means I had to be aware of what was going on, taking in the beautiful surroundings as well as keeping an eye out for who has it in for Dixie and Church. I loved getting to meet new people and see thier way of life, how relaxed and different it is compared to the hustle and bustle of Denver.

I fall in love with each new couple in this whole series, and these two did not disappoint, I thoroughly enjoyed the slow burn of romance between Dixie and Church before they decided to test the waters. This couple could not be more opposite, yet work perfectly together. Once everything was explained about each individual I did initially feel sorry for them. Dixie's positive attitude comes from a family struggle when she was younger, and having to find positive things to keep the happiness and manage through, whilst Church is afraid to get too close and chooses to keep his distance to keep others safe, which is quite a sad way to live his life. Seeing this couple overcome thier own demons made for a great and emotional read, and I really didn't want this book to end.

Final Verdict
I loved everything about Riveted, even the craziness. I can't wait for my own copy to arrive through my door so I can enjoy this book all over again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...