Tuesday, 21 February 2017

Mini Review: I Can Only Draw Worms by Will Mabbitt


Title: I Can Only Draw Worms
Author: Will Mabbitt
Author Info: Website|Twitter
Genre: Children's, Picture Books
Source: NetGalley
Publisher: Puffin
Publication Date: 26th January 2017
Rating: 3 stars

Tell Me About It
This book is about worms. I can only draw worms.

You might think worms are boring - but you'd be wrong. These worms have INCREDIBLE adventures!

I can't draw those bits, though, so you'll have to imagine them.

A hilarious and superbly silly book that will have children in stitches and begging for more.
My Thoughts

When I first saw I Can Only Draw Worms on NetGalley I knew I had to read it, as someone who can't draw, and when I do its the request to draw a car for a baby, I had to know what this book was about.

I Can Only Draw Worms is a counting book as well as a book that makes you laugh out loud with some disastrous attempts at drawing worms, or losing them to the same colour page, and mistaking worm one with worm three, and lets not forget worm eight and eight-and-a-half.
With worms wearing glasses, and riding flying unicorns.....
there is not a single page that you can get through without cracking a smile.

My only issue with the book itself is the formatting, which did disrupt the flow of the book on occasion, either with the writing or with the images themselves.

Final Verdict
I Can Only Draw Worms is a funny, quick book, and I can't wait to share it with my Niece.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...