Tuesday, 5 September 2017

Mini Review: The Grotlyn by Benji Davies


Title: The Grotlyn
Author: Benji Davies
Author Info: Website|Facebook|Twitter
Genre: Children's, Mystery
Source: Publisher
Publisher: HarperCollins Children's Books
Publication Date: 7th September 2017
Rating: 4 stars

Tell Me About It
A stunningly illustrated picture book full of mystery and suspense, from the bestselling author of THE STORM WHALE and GRANDAD’S ISLAND.
I know when the Grotlyn’s been
Slipping through your house unseen

What is the mysterious Grotlyn? What sort of creature could it be, scuttling across the town, frightening everyone in its path? And why has it stolen PC Vickers’ knickers?!

A beautifully illustrated rhyming tale about things that go bump in the night for ages four and up, from picture book superstar, Benji Davies, winner of Oscar’s First Book Prize 2014 and Sainsbury’s Children’s Book of the Year 2015. Perfect for fans of Oliver Jeffers and Jon Klassen
My Thoughts
When The Grotlyn arrived through my door I was very curious to know what the book was about. This was not only a surprise book, but was also an author I had not read before.

The Grotlyn was a quick read, only 32 pages long, but it packs so much into it. I loved the front cover design, the atmosphere it portrays and the artwork, and this continues throughout the book as we read about shadows, and scuttling, and things disappearing.

The illustrations within the pages were amazing, and I love the detail that went into them. Another thing I also loved was the rhyming aspect to it and how it really draws you in and has you wanting to know more.

The ending of the book was unexpected but I loved getting to see what was stolen and why.

Final Verdict
I really enjoyed reading The Grotlyn and I can't wait to pass this book along to my niece to enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking a few moments to comment.
Comments mean love and make the world go round so don't be shy :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...